Marie Curie Charity Scheme
In March Marie Curie representatives visited Ryobi Aluminium Casting UK Ltd for the Great Daffodil Appeal to raise awareness of the charity scheme and give employees information on how they could help support families across Northern Ireland.
What’s great about Marie Curie Nurses
* Every minute of every day someone is being cared for by a Marie Curie Nurse
* They provide care and support for all terminal illnesses
* They care for almost half of all cancer patients who die at home
* They work across the UK – from the smallest village or town to our biggest cities
* They’re there for patients and carers at what can be the most stressful and exhausting time of their lives
Representatives attended our site over 3 consecutive Thursdays and we are delighted to say that 51 employees have joined the charity scheme which means that a quarter of our staff now support Marie Curie through payroll giving.
Alison Wilson, Regular Giving Manager NI, for Marie Curie said, “A huge thank you to the staff of Ryobi Aluminium Casting for raising a fantastic £14,000 for Marie Curie over 10 years from 2007. This donation has helped many families throughout Northern Ireland.”
Ryobi Aluminium Casting UK Ltd has received support from Invest NI under the European Union’s Investment for Growth and Jobs Programme. The project: Development of a new European die design/construction concept, recorded on the ERDF beneficiaries’ website, will be implemented over the next 2 years, undertaking research and development activities aimed at improving the competitiveness of the business.